Corvallis Pedicab occasionally has an opening for extra drivers.
Ideal candidates are:
- outgoing, people-oriented (important)
- physically fit, regular cyclist (important)
- available for the nights shifts (9:30P – 3A) on THU, FRI, and SAT nights, weekends is preferable. Hours may vary, so flexibility is key.
- a resident of Corvallis, or live within biking distance
- eco-minded, politically aware
- experienced in the service field (not required, but definitely helpful)
- without a criminal record. The city runs a background check before issuing the license.
Please email and include the following:
- recent photo
- resumé of some sort
- why you want to be a pedicab driver
- phone number and city of residence
- favorite music
This is a good opportunity for the right candidate. Not everyone can pull it off. There are slow times, days without work, rejection and cold attitudes from some of the general public.. however, there are rewarding shifts, plenty of awesome and good people, a job with physical and emotional benefits, and a real fulfillment that comes from this experience. Some nights bring in well over $100. Other times can be slow. I generally aim to have the pedicab(s) out when there is money to be made. Things change, but being able to go with the flow will help you enjoy the job and earn well.
Note that this is not a steady job, though summertime is when we are busiest. If you are the right gal or guy for the task, you will not be an employee, but an independent contractor, and must sign a hold harmless agreement as required by my insurance company.
Please email your information, and I will be in touch as soon as possible.